Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) Invited Online Applications from the Deserving and Willing Candidates for 23Posts of Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector. Interested and eligible candidates may apply online on or before 02/01/2019. The Eligibility criteria and other particulars are noted bellow.
Name of the Post: Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector
Number of Vacancies: 23
- i) Must hold a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Automobile Engineering of a recognized University in India established or incorporated by or under a Central Act or a Provincial Act or a State Act or institution recognized by the University Grants Commission or any equivalent qualification.
Must hold a Diploma in Automobile Engineering issued by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Andhra Pradesh or Technological Diploma Examination Board, Hyderabad or Any other equivalent qualification; and ii) Must hold a Motor Driving License and have experience in driving motor vehicles for a period of not less than 3 years and possess Heavy Transport vehicle endorsement. Provided that where persons with 3 years experience in driving motor vehicles are not available, persons with two years experience in driving motor vehicles may be appointed. Provided further that in case of Women, they must hold a Motor Vehicle driving license, if they are holder of Light Motor Vehicle Driving License only, they shall acquire the Heavy Transport Vehicle Endorsement within two years of their joining the service as Assistant Motor Vehicles Inspector, failing which their services will be terminated without assigning any reasons.
- i) For Men:- The Minimum height must be not less than 165 Cms. in height and must not be less than 86.3 Cms. round the chest on full inspiration with a minimum expansion of 5.00 Cms.
- a) For Men (SC/ST and Aboriginal Tribes):- The minimum height must not be less than 160 Cms. and must not less than 83.80 Cms. round the chest on full inspiration with a minimum expansion of 5.00 Cms.
- ii) For Women:- The height shall not be less than 157.5 Cms. and must not be less than 82.30 Cms. round the chest on full inspiration with a minimum of expansion 5.00 Cms.
- a) For Women (SC/ST and Aboriginal Tribes):- The minimum height must not be less than 152.5 Cms. and must not less than 79.80 Cms. round the chest on full inspiration with a minimum expansion of 5.00 Cms.
iii) Under A.P.T.S.S. Rules, Must be certified to possess the visual standards specified below without glasses:
(a) Right Eye :Distance Vision 6/6 Near Vision :0.5 (on Shellen’s Chart)
(b) Left Eye :Distance Vision 6/6 Near Vision :0.5 (on Shellen’s Chart)
(c) Each eye must have a full field of vision.
(d) Colour Blindness, Squint or any morbid conditions of the eyes or lids of either eye shall be deemed to be a disqualification.
- iv) Candidates with knock knees, pigeon chest, flat foot verycose veins, hammer toes, fractured limbs, decayed teeth shall be deemed to be
Age Limit: Minimum 21 years and Maximum 34 years as on 01/07/2018.
Note: Relaxation of age for 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates shall be made as per Govt. rules (Certificate of SC/ST/OBC and PWD should be issued by the competent authority).
Remuneration: Initial pay Rs.25500/- (Level 4, Cell No.1 in the Pay Matrix) plus usual allowances as admissible to Central Government employees.
Application Fees: Applicant must pay Rs. 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred and Fifty Only) towards application processing fee and Rs 80/- (Rupees Eighty only) towards
9.2. However, the following categories of candidates are exempted from payment of examination fee Rs.80/- only.
- i) SC, ST, BC & Ex-Service Men.
- ii) Families having household supply white card issued by Civil Supplies Department, A.P. Government. (Residents of Andhra Pradesh)
iii) Un-employed youth as per G.O.Ms.No.439, G.A (Ser- A) Dept., dated: 18/10/1996 should submit declaration at an appropriate time to the Commission.
Note: Applicants belonging to the categories mentioned above hailing from other States are not entitled for exemption from payment of fee and not entitled for claiming any kind of reservation. Candidates belonging to other States shall pay the prescribed fee of Rs.80/- (Rupees eighty only), along with processing fee of Rs. 250/- (Rupees two hundred and fifty only) through different channels as indicated at Para-8. Otherwise such applications will not be considered and no correspondence on this will be entertained.
How to Apply: Interested and eligible candidates may submit their online applications only through the official website of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) on or before 02/01/2019.
Upon successful submission of online application form, the system generated Registration/ Acknowledgement Slip with unique registration number will appear on the computer screen. Candidates must print-out it for future correspondence. DO NOT SEND ANY PRINT-OUT/HARD COPY OR DOCUMENTS TO ANYWHERE AT THIS STAGE. All the verification will be done in due course.
Last Date of Online Application: 02/01/2019.
For More details please visit the official website of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) – https://psc.ap.gov.in
For official Notification: Visit
For Online Application: Visit